Prayer Is Where It All Starts
Prayer is important. At The Village, we believe in the power of prayer and are committed to making that a focus for our church. Prayer is a time for you to talk to God as your friend. A time to tell Him what’s in your heart, what you’re thinking, feeling and struggling with. Think of it not as an obligation, but an opportunity. An opportunity to thank your creator for all that you have. Take time to pray every day – Ask for miracles, ask for God’s power to be shown.
“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” – Ephesians 6:18
Lilye Sease, Prayer Pastor, ensures that The Village is a church that prays together and stands strong together as one body. She makes sure that prayer is at the forefront of all we do at The Village.
“I am a true believer in the power of prayer and with all that’s happening in the world around us, I invite you to join me in becoming a great Prayer Warrior. This is someone who is willing to commit to daily, heartfelt prayer for others and is willing to pray alone, in pairs, or in groups.” – Lilye, Prayer Pastor
Contact Lilye to be part of the Prayer Warrior Team.
There are different ways you can be a part of this life-changing experience:
- Join the daily prayer call at 7 am Monday – Friday. It’s easy – just dial 641-715-0861, code 867402. Pray for our church, our leaders, our community, and whatever else is in your heart. Everyone has the opportunity to pray out loud, but you don’t have to. It’s ok to just listen and pray silently. Start your day on the right track! Set your alarm now!
- Start a prayer devotional. Check out plans on YouVersion or take this 30 Day Prayer Challenge.
- Join the Sunday 8:15 am prayer time at church every Sunday. This group prays together for God’s Kingdom, our church, and our community. Everyone is welcome to attend. Meet us in the Prayer War Room next to the stage.
- Join in prayer time at 7-8 am on the 2nd and 4th Sunday as we pray for our church, our community, and our country. This is open to everyone, just meet in the church lobby.
- Visit the Prayer Wall on Sundays located in the Worship Room. If you have anything in your life that needs prayer, write down your request and we’ll pray for you during the week. Requests are kept confidential.
- Visit the Prayer War Room just to the right of the stage. You are welcome to use it anytime the building is open.
- Email your request to email@example.com
Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1Thessalonians 5:16-18