Prayer Is Where It All Starts
Prayer is important. At The Village, we believe in the power of prayer and are committed to making that a focus for our church. It’s a time for you to talk to God as your friend. A time to tell Him what’s in your heart, what you’re thinking, feeling and struggling with. Think of it not as an obligation, but an opportunity. An opportunity to thank your creator for all that you have. Take time to pray every day – Ask for miracles, ask for God’s power to be shown.
“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” – Ephesians 6:18
Lilye Sease, the Prayer Pastor, ensures that The Village is a church that prays together and stands strong together as one body. She makes sure that prayer is at the forefront of all we do at The Village.
“I am a true believer in the power of prayer and with all that’s happening in the world around us, I invite you to join me in becoming a great Prayer Warrior. This is someone who is willing to commit to daily, heartfelt prayer for others and is willing to pray alone, in pairs, or in groups.” – Lilye, Prayer Pastor
Contact Lilye to be part of the Prayer Warrior Team.
There are different ways you can be a part of this life-changing experience:
- Pray with us on the 2nd and 4th Sunday at 7 am and the 2nd Thursday at 7:30 pm. Pray for our church, our community, and our country. This is open to everyone. No need to sign up, you can just show up and meet in the lobby.
- Join the Thursday 6 pm or Sunday 8:15 am prayer time. Everyone is welcome to attend. Meet in the War Room next to the stage.
- Jump on the prayer calls at 7 am Monday – Friday! It’s easy – just call 605-477-2100 and enter 867402 or on Wednesday nights, 7 pm call 515-739-1423 and enter 605392. We pray for our church, our leaders, community, country, and whatever else is in your heart. Pray out loud, or listen and pray silently. Everyone is welcome on these calls – you do not need to be an attendee of The Village.
- Visit our War Room, which you can use anytime during office hours (M-Th 8 am – 4 pm).
- Start a prayer devotional. Check out plans on YouVersion or take this 30 Day Prayer Challenge.
- Visit the Prayer Wall located in the Worship Room. If you have anything in your life that needs prayer, write down your request and we’ll pray for you during the week. Requests are kept confidential.
- Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1Thessalonians 5:16-18