At The Movies – Cars / Friends Working Together
See how some of our favorite movies relate to the Bible and teach us about issues like family mission, friends, and how God looks at your heart. This second week we’ll be tying the movie, Cars, into the importance of working together as friends. Have you ever tried to do a difficult project by yourself? It can be stressful and unsuccessful, but when you bring friends into it and work together, you can get a lot of great things accomplished. Find out what the Bible has to say about your friends.
By yourself you’re unprotected. With a friend you can face the worst. Can you round up a third?
– Ecclesiastes 4:12 (The Message version)
Invite Friends = Chance To Win
1. Invite friends to church during the At The Movies series.
2. When your friends come to church, they fill out a raffle ticket.
3. On 8/28, we’ll draw the winning ticket. The visitor and the person who invited them both win a basket!
Stop by the Welcome Center Sunday to check it out and pick up invites! Ask your friends to come to church to help you win!
Cars Movie Night and Cardboard Boxcar Contest
A day of family fun! All kids are invited to participate in the “design your own boxcar” Car Show. Create your car at home, and bring it to church for 12:30 pm judging for “Most Creative” and “Best Car”. Then come back that night to watch the movie Cars and have the kids “drive-in” their own boxcar!
Strengthen Your Relationship With Jesus In A Lifegroup
Lifegroups are a place to take a break from the busy demands of everyday life with a group of friends, a place to share, laugh, and serve together. Lifegroups are a place to learn the stories that Jesus taught and how they apply to your life today. The Word of God is a living, breathing way for God to communicate with us, right where we are, regardless of whether we have been walking with Him our whole lives or the journey has just begun. Lifegroups are a place to strengthen your relationship with Jesus.
This Sunday is the Lifegroup Fair! After all 3 services, you’ll have a chance to see the open groups, meet the leaders and ask questions.
Prayer is where it all starts. Prayer is important. The Village is committed to prayer and believes strongly in its power.
Prayer is a time for you to be alone with God and talk to Him as your friend. A time to tell Him what’s on your heart, what you’re thinking, feeling and struggling with. Think of it not as an obligation, but an opportunity. An opportunity to thank your creator for all that you have. We encourage you to take the time to pray every day. Ask for miracles, ask for God’s power to be shown.
Here are a few other ways you can participate in prayer here at The Village:
- Join in our prayer call this week at 7 am Monday – Friday! It’s easy – just call 605-477-2100 and enter the code 867402. We pray for our church, our leaders, our community, our country, and whatever else is on your heart. You can pray out loud, or you can listen and pray silently. Everyone is welcome on this call – you do not need to be an attendee of The Village.
- You can also join in our monthly prayer time on Sundays at 7 am as we pray for our church, our community, and our country. This is open to everyone, just meet in the church gathering space. These happen on the second Sunday morning of each month.
- We also have a prayer room, we call it our War Room, that you can use anytime during office hours (M-Th 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Fri. 8:30 – 12:30 pm). We have a prayer team that meets here at the church every morning Monday -Friday at 8:30 am that you can join too!
Sunday night youth group for Pulse Sr. (high school students) and Pulse Jr. (5th – 8th graders) is now on break. Pulse Jr. (5th – 8th graders) will continue to meet Sunday mornings at 11 am. The new season for Sunday night will kick off August 27th, 6 pm at the church!