Get Off Your Donkey – Generosity is FUN!
How many times have you seen people in situations that just break your heart? How many times have you said to yourself, “If only there was something I could do to help”? In this series “Get Off Your Donkey,” we are going to focus on how we can use our gifts to make a difference in the lives of others.
Did you know there are 3 different mindsets to generosity? Some feel as though they never have enough, so they don’t give at all. Others feel they have just enough, so they are comfortable to give a little. Still others feel they have more than enough and they put God first in giving. Out of those 3 mindsets, which are you? Which would you like to be? Join us this Thursday and Sunday as Nate will teach us how generosity can lead to having more than enough.
Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the first-fruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing. – Proverbs 3:9-10 NIV
Thursday: 6:30 pm
Sunday: 8:30, 9:30 and 11 am
RSVP Now for Gala for Missions
You’re Invited To The Cinco De Mayo Gala – a fun night to raise money for missions that will lead to Life Change!
Reclaim3d is a 501C3 that was established as a fundraising tool because many corporations can’t donate to a church. It exists to reclaim bad circumstances into something beautiful locally, regionally, and globally.
The Gala will feature 3 guest speakers from the missions we will be raising money for:
–Janine Maxwell from Heart for Africa – Provides self-sustainable homes for orphans in Swaziland, Africa.
—Destiny Rescue Rep – Provides hope and healing by rescuing girls from human trafficking in Cambodia and Thailand.
– Ms. Pearl from Good News Daycare – Provides free Christ-centered daycare for children in the Roseland community, one of the toughest areas of Chicago. While the children are being well cared for and loved, the moms can get an education, work, and provide for their families.
Delicious food, amazing auction items, 50/50 raffle, a whole lot of fun and it’s FREE!
Kids 10 years and older are welcome to attend. We’ll be dressing casual, no costumes required 🙂
It’s free, but please RSVP so we can plan for seating and food. Note ticket quantity as being for your total group (ex: a husband and wife attending would be 2 tickets).
The Gala is not just for people who attend our church, so invite your friends and family.
Strengthen Your Relationship With Jesus In A Lifegroup
Lifegroups are a place to take a break from the busy demands of everyday life with a group of friends, a place to share, laugh, and serve together. Lifegroups are a place to grow in your relationship with Jesus, a place to learn the stories that Jesus taught and how they apply to your life today. The Bible is a living, breathing way for God to communicate with you, right where you are, regardless of whether you have been walking with Him your whole life or the journey has just begun.
? contact Sarah O’Sullivan, Connections Pastor
Make Prayer A Priority
Prayer is where it all starts. Prayer is important, and we are committed to prayer and believe strongly in its power.
Here are a few ways you can participate in prayer here at The Village:
- Pray with us on the 2nd and 4th Sunday at 7 am and the 2nd Thursday at 7:30 pm. We pray for our church, our community, and our country. This is open to everyone. No need to sign up, you can just show up and meet us in the lobby.
- Join the Thursday 6 pm or Sunday 8:15 am prayer time. Everyone is welcome to attend. Meet us in the Prayer War Room next to the stage.
- Join in our daily prayer calls at 7 am Monday – Friday! It’s easy – just call 605-477-2100 and enter the code 867402 OR on Wednesday nights at 7 pm call 515-739-1423 and enter code 605392. We pray for our church, our leaders, our community, our country, and whatever else is in your heart. You can pray out loud, or you can listen and pray silently. Everyone is welcome on these calls – you do not need to be an attendee of The Village.
- Visit the Prayer War Room, which you can use anytime during office hours (M-Th 8:00 am – 4:00 pm).
Pulse for Students
Pulse Jr. (5th – 8th grade) meets Sunday mornings at 11 am. Pulse Jr. and Pulse Sr. meet Sunday nights, 6 – 8 pm.