We’re glad you’re here today! If you’re visiting for the first time, don’t worry – we’re a pretty relaxed church, a place that focuses on building a relationship with Jesus rather than getting caught up in rules and regulations.
I get so excited to see new faces here. I’d love to talk to you and find out what brought you to The Village, so feel free to shoot me an email firstname.lastname@example.org. This digital program will give you a snapshot of what you need to know. I hope you enjoy your visit!
In Person: Check out the I’m New page on our website and stop by the NEXT STEPS area in the lobby. You can find out what your next steps will be. Don’t forget to grab a cookie and say hello to Sarah O’Sullivan, our Executive Pastor.
Online: Let us know who you are so we can connect. Click Here.
Here are the ways you can stay connected during the week:
- Enews email newsletter that goes out every Wednesday morning. If you give us your email, you’re signed up or text LIFECHANGE to 22828 (make sure there are no spaces when you type LIFECHANGE).
- Website Happening This Week page
- Like our Facebook page AND join the Village Friends Facebook group.
- Follow us on Instagram @ villagechristianchurch
Kid Village infant through 3rd grade is open Sundays for both the 9:30 and 11 am services! 4th graders are now able to join Pulse 45. Find out more at the Pulse website page. Your kids’ health and safety are our top priority so we have guidelines to follow and pre-registration is required for each kid each week. REGISTER now. Check out this informational Video from Amy, or you can read more on the details here: Kid Village Welcome Back.
Middle School, Junior High and High School students can connect in Pulse Jr. & Pulse Sr. Students have fun and play games, but also have group time where they dive into the scripture and encounter Jesus.
New Pulse 45 (Grades 4-5): If you’re coming to in-person service, RSVP for Pulse 45 Sunday morning at 9:30 and 11 am. Pulse 45 Wednesday night meetings are on break until January 13.
Pulse Jr (Grades 6-8): If you’re coming to in-person service, RSVP for Pulse Jr. Sunday morning at 9:30 and 11 am. Pulse Jr. Sunday night meetings are on break until January 10.
Pulse Sr (High School): We encourage our high school students to attend or serve during morning services. Pulse Sr. Sunday night meetings are on break until January 10.
Life Changing Generosity
We love giving back to God and partnering with Him in what He’s doing in our community and beyond. When you give, you are helping to carry out the mission – to be a catalyst for Life Change, Life Growth, and Life Purpose! You are helping people connect in relationships, supporting them in serving others, and most importantly, bringing them into a closer relationship with Jesus! Your generosity is making a difference! Use the “Give” button at the top right corner or give via text; text “give” to 815-205-1171.
- Change Lives Locally, Regionally & Globally Join us in a giving celebration Tuesday, December 1. All donations (up to $2000) will be matched dollar for dollar. 100% of the money will then be used locally (Christmas gifts/hams), regionally (Ms. Pearl’s Good News Day Care in Chicago), and globally (Destiny Rescue). You can give online at: https://www.reclaimedcharity.org/donate-now or you can mail your donation to: Reclaimed, 475 N. Fourth Ave, Coal City, IL 60416. Help us reach this goal and give to others in need locally, regionally and globally!
- Shop With Purpose This Christmas We are launching our Christmas fundraiser partnership with Heart For Africa. You can order ornaments, table top items, and even a nativity that were handcrafted by African Khutsala artisans. 100% of the profits will go to feed, clothe, educate and provide health care for the orphans. Use this link to order: https://khutsala.com/christmasshopwithapurpose.
- Check Out Village University Today, Sunday, November 29, Village University will be taking a break for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Next Sunday, December 6, the topic will be “Steadfast Faith in an Unsteady World”. You can join the discussion via Zoom, email Sarah for the Zoom invite. Next Sunday, November 29, .
- Save The Date For Christmas You may be having to shuffle plans around during this holiday season, and we are right there with you. On the bright side, you will have plenty of opportunities to attend Christmas Service at The Village this year. Choose the day and time that works best for you and your family. You can get all the details Here.
- Wednesday, December 23: 5:00, 6:30, 8:00 pm
- Thursday, December 24: 3:30, 5:00, 6:30, 8:00, 9:30 pm