We’re glad you’re here today! If you’re visiting for the first time, don’t worry – we’re a pretty relaxed church, a place that focuses on building a relationship with Jesus rather than getting caught up in rules and regulations.
I get so excited to see new faces here. I’d love to talk to you and find out what brought you to The Village, so feel free to shoot me an email email@example.com. This digital program will give you a snapshot of what you need to know. I hope you enjoy your visit!
In Person: Check out the I’m New page on our website and stop by the NEXT STEPS area in the lobby. You can find out what your next steps will be. Don’t forget to grab a cookie and say hello to Sarah O’Sullivan, our Executive Pastor.
Online: Let us know who you are so we can connect. Click Here.
Here are the ways you can stay connected during the week:
- Enews email newsletter that goes out every Wednesday morning. If you give us your email, you’re signed up or text LIFECHANGE to 22828 (make sure there are no spaces when you type LIFECHANGE).
- Website What’s Happening This Week page
- Like our Facebook page AND join the Village Friends Facebook group.
- Follow us on Instagram @ villagechristianchurch
Kid Village infant through 3rd grade is open Sundays for both the 9:30 and 11 am services! 4th graders are now able to join Pulse 45. Find out more at the Pulse website page. Your kids’ health and safety are our top priority so we have guidelines to follow and pre-registration is required for each kid each week. REGISTER now. Check out this informational Video from Amy, or you can read more on the details here: Kid Village Welcome Back.
Junior High and High School students can connect in Pulse Jr. & Pulse Sr. Students have fun and play games, but also have small group time where they dive into the scripture and encounter Jesus.
Pulse Jr (Grades 6-8): If you’re coming to in-person service, RSVP for Pulse Jr. Sunday morning at 9:30 and 11 am. Pulse Jr. will also meet electronically through Zoom on Sunday mornings at 10:45 am and will be studying “Jesus Changes Everything” via RightNow Media. RSVP for the Zoom at bit.ly/villageregistration. Pulse Jr. will also meet Sunday nights from 6:30-8 pm. Learn more and RSVP…
Pulse Sr (High School): We encourage our high school students to attend or serve during morning services. Pulse Sr. will also meet Sunday nights from 6:30-8 pm. Learn more and RSVP…
Life Changing Generosity
We love giving back to God and partnering with Him in what He’s doing in our community and beyond. When you give, you are helping to carry out the mission – to be a catalyst for Life Change, Life Growth, and Life Purpose! You are helping people connect in relationships, supporting them in serving others, and most importantly, bringing them into a closer relationship with Jesus! Your generosity is making a difference! Use the “Give” button at the top right corner or give via text; text “give” to 815-205-1171.
- RightNow Media New Study The series, Hard Reset will be focusing on the book of Acts and RightNow Media has a study to follow along with that. Check out Acts with Matt Chandler for your Lifegroup or study it on your own. Discussion guides are available on our Website for the RightNow Media study that corresponds with each weekly message.
- Check Out Village University Last Sunday, Erica Sandeno taught “How To Study The Bible And Make it Fun”. If you missed it, you can still view it on our Village FriendsFacebook group. This Sunday at 12:30 pm, the topic will be “Navigating RightNow Media” via Zoom. Learn how to sign up and search for topics for Lifegroups, work life, family etc. Email Sarah for the Zoom invite.
- Minooka Mobile Food Pantry The Village is partnering with Northern Illinois Food Bank and will host a Mobile Food Pantry. Families in need in the Minooka/Channahon community will be able to get a box of food per family this Monday, 9/28 at 5 pm. Distribution will be first come first served and it will be a drive-up where volunteers will place food boxes in the trunk. There is no registration, proof of income or I.D. required.
- Kid Village Registration Request We are so happy to be back in Kid Village! Some weeks it has been a challenge to make sure we have enough volunteers for the classes. You can help by registering your kids each week by Friday. That will allow us enough time to make sure our volunteers are in place each Sunday. We thank you in advance for all your help!