We’re glad you’re here today! If you’re visiting for the first time, don’t worry – we’re a pretty relaxed church, a place that focuses on building a relationship with Jesus rather than getting caught up in rules and regulations. I’d love to talk to you and find out what brought you to The Village, so feel free to shoot me an email email@example.com. This digital program will give you a snapshot of what you need to know. I hope you enjoy your visit!
In Person: Check out the I’m New page on our website and stop by the NEXT STEPS area in the lobby. You can find out what your next steps will be. Don’t forget to grab a cookie and say hello to Sarah O’Sullivan, our Executive Pastor.
Online: Let us know who you are so we can connect. Click Here.
Here are the ways you can stay connected during the week:
- Enews email newsletter that goes out every Wednesday morning. If you give us your email, you’re signed up or text LIFECHANGE to 22828 (make sure there are no spaces when you type LIFECHANGE).
- Website What’s Happening This Week page
- Like our Facebook page AND join the Village Friends Facebook group.
- Follow us on Instagram @ villagechristianchurch
Kid Village preschool through grade 4 will be open Sundays for both the 9:30 and 11 am services! Infant and toddler rooms will remain closed for now. Your kids’ health and safety are our top priority so we have guidelines to follow and pre-registration is required for each kid each week. REGISTER now. Check out this informational Video from Amy, or you can read more on the details here: Kid Village Welcome Back.
Junior High and High School students can connect in Pulse Jr. & Pulse Sr. Students have fun and play games, but also have small group time where they dive into the scripture.
Pulse Jr (5th – 8th Grade): If you’re coming to in-person service, REGISTER for Pulse Jr. Sunday morning at 9:30 and 11 am. Each meeting time will be limited to 9 students. Pulse Jr. will also meet electronically through Zoom on Sunday mornings from 10:45-11:45 am and will be studying “Jesus Changes Everything” via RightNow Media. To register for the Zoom contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pulse Sr (High School): We encourage our high school students to attend or serve during morning services. Pulse Sr. is on break for the summer, stay tuned for the Kick-off date announced for September. Contact email@example.com.
Life Changing Generosity
Here at The Village we love giving back to God and partnering with Him in what He’s doing in our community and beyond. When you give, you are helping to carry out the mission – to be a catalyst for Life Change, Life Growth, and Life Purpose! You are helping people connect in relationships, supporting them in serving others, and most importantly, bringing them into a closer relationship with Jesus! Your generosity is making a difference! Use the “Give” button at the top right corner or give via text; text “give” to 815-205-1171.
- Celebrating Life Changing Decisions Last week we celebrated 2 baptisms! God is doing amazing things! Congratulations to Pam Sypniewski and Savanah Jones for making the decision to get baptized. We can’t wait to see the amazing things God will do through each of them! If you have questions or are interested in getting baptized, click Here.
- Join The Welcome Team Now that we are able to meet in person again, we need people to serve on the Welcome Team. This team is the first impression of our church, and you don’t get a second chance to make a first impression. We’re looking for friendly faces to welcome people to our church and help them find where they need to go. Due to the guidelines we are following for everyone’s health and safety, the team also hands out the individually sealed communion cups, and cleans and disinfects the space after each service. Contact Pam Passalano if you’re ready to join this team!
- Save The Date For The Next Mobile Food Pantry Families in need in the Minooka/Channahon community will be able to get a box of food per family on Monday, 7/27 at 5 pm. Distribution will be first come first served and it will be a drive-up where volunteers will place food boxes in the trunk. There is no registration, proof of income or I.D. required. Email Patrick Erzinger, to sign up to volunteer.
- Save The Date Golf Outing Reclaimed is hosting the annual Golf Outing to Invest In Our Community. The Golf Outing and Silent Auction goal is to raise $12,000 to invest $1,000 back into the community each month. The outing will take place Monday, 8/10 at the Morris Country Club. Golf will begin at 5 pm and dinner will be served at 7:30 pm. Cost is $75 for 9 holes of golf and dinner or $25 for dinner only. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Register For In-Person Church Don’t forget to REGISTER each person each week. Your chairs will be ready for you when you arrive.