The Village is self-governed through the Leadership Team. Their role is to make sure the church is achieving its mission to be a catalyst for Life Change, Life Growth and Life Purpose. This team consists of people from our church family who serve a three year term. The Leadership Team meets on the second Sunday of every month.
Pictured back row left to right: Brian Pennington, Matt Wallick, Matt Bonomo; front row left to right: Pam Wilson, Devan Gagliardo, Jason Houck
2 Components to Our Leadership Team:
- Staff – The team holds staff accountable for their goals and makes sure the church provides resources to help staff be successful.
- Strategy – The team plans for the future to meet church goals. This includes accomplishing our mission, as well as plans for our new church home.
- To be a “Christ-like example”
Be an example for others, and evidence character qualities and public reputation that every Christian should possess. (Titus 1:5-9; 1 Timothy 3:1-7)
- To be an Overseer – “Of the Affairs of the Church”
Spiritual leaders are responsible for the overall direction of the church. They insure that the elements are in place to meet the church’s goals. (1 Timothy 5:17; Hebrews 13:17; Acts 20:28)
- To be a Shepherd – Make sure people are loved and cared for.
Someone who guards, feeds and cares for God’s people like a shepherd with a flock. The shepherd is responsible to equip God’s people for ministry (Ephesians 4:11-13), by guarding them from false teaching, giving them good spiritual counsel and food from God’s Word, training them, and comforting and helping them (Acts 20:27-31). The shepherd must be one who is sensitive to the needs of the people, knowledgeable in God’s Word, and willing to invest the time necessary to care for individuals.
The Village has an Elder Team that focuses on the spiritual growth of our church.
Pictured: Patrick Ugolini, Chris Balkema, Justin Walsh, Mark Sandeno, Nate Ferguson and Dewitt Buchanan; Not pictured: MIke Kostbade