The Mission – Why We Exist
We exist to help people experience Life Change, Life Growth, and Life Purpose. The 3 arrows in our logo depict each point:
- Up = Life Change: Looking up to God to experience life changed by God and telling others about Jesus.
- Side = Life Growth: Reaching out to others to connect and experience community.
- Down = Life Purpose: You were designed on purpose with intention by God.
Life Change, Life Growth, Life Purpose is what we want for you.
Build a relationship with Jesus while serving others. It’s that simple.
Core Values At The Village
The Village is a non-denominational church that teaches the Bible and equips people to live it out. Here are our core values and a snapshot into who we are:
The Bible Is Our Guide
We don’t get caught up in rules & regulations, but allow scripture to lead the way.
We equip our community with opportunities for you to build relationships with God and others.
We provide serving opportunities so that you can use the gifts that God has uniquely given to you.
No Boring Here
We have fun learning about God, growing in our faith, and serving with people we love.
How The Village Started
For those of you that like history, here’s how The Village Christian Church started…The church began on October 17, 2004, at Minooka Junior High School. A team of 20 people from First Christian Church in the nearby town of Morris, Illinois stepped up to start The Village after church leaders challenged Youth Pastor, Nate Ferguson, to plant a new church. The core group that started the church trusted in God and were confident that He had a plan that was bigger than any of them could imagine.
Minooka Campus: Opened May 29, 2016
Online Campus: Opened May 10, 2020
Seneca Campus: Opened February 21, 2021
Coal City Campus: Opened December 11, 2022
Where the Village is Today
Over 1000 people call The Village their church home now between the Minooka, Seneca, Coal City and Online Campuses. It isn’t about the number – it is about the people being introduced to Jesus, growing into a closer relationship with Him and experiencing Life Change, Life Growth, and Life Purpose.
- Lifegroups are an integral part of The Village today. Groups connect people throughout the week providing support, encouragement, and love. They are a place to love Jesus, each other, and to help others find and follow Jesus.
- Kid Village and Pulse Students are exploding! Kids and students are connecting, forming new relationships, and learning about Jesus.
God has brought so many great people to The Village! Everyone gets involved and takes ownership to grow the church and carry out the mission of helping people experience Life Change, Life Growth, and Life Purpose.
Relationships are starting and growing deeper, lives are being changed, and people are helping others trust and follow Jesus. We can’t wait to see what God has planned next!