Who We Are
It’s not easy to sum up all of who we are, but here are a few basics about us:
- The Village is not your typical church. For example, we keep church pretty simple, and we don’t get caught up in a lot of rules & regulations. Instead, we allow scripture to be our guide and try to live our lives according to what the Bible outlines.
- We’re a non-denominational Christian church and followers of Jesus Christ. That means all backgrounds are welcome here, whether you’ve never been to church, haven’t been in a long time, or have been a part of a church all your life.
- The Village isn’t a building, it’s a group of real people who love Jesus and each other. We want to encourage and equip you to build a personal relationship with Jesus. Then you can help others to trust and follow Jesus because that’s ultimately what it’s all about.
- The Village is a place to be real, a place where people who are far from Jesus can feel comfortable. We don’t pretend we’re perfect because we all have faults and we’re all sinners. It doesn’t matter what your history is, you are welcome here. We are a church that is open to all people and believe God’s love is for everyone.
- We like to have fun and don’t think that church should be boring. You might even be a little surprised when you visit because we’re different than a lot of churches. You’ll have to stop by to find out more!
“A few things stood out to me from the start about The Village – The people were wonderful, welcoming, real and inviting. Also, your messages were approachable, easy to listen to, understand, and apply to our lives. My husband, Bob, started attending church because he wanted to, not because I made him.
My entire adult life I was a “church hopper”. I knew I was missing something, I just couldn’t seem to put my finger on it. I now know that I was missing a relationship with Christ. Attending church in and of itself doesn’t create the relationship. I wasn’t applying The Word to my life. I hadn’t surrendered my heart to Jesus Christ, and my life was totally out of balance.
Every area of my life is now different, and I’ll always be grateful. Thank you for allowing Jesus to move in and through you, so that you could bring us to Him. The Village provided me with a safe space, the tools for growth, and I was able to find my Purpose in Christ which affected me from the inside out.” -Sarah
…to be a catalyst for Life Change, Life Growth, and Life Purpose.
- Life Change: Reaching out to people to share the good news of Jesus
- Life Growth: Connecting and experiencing community
- Life Purpose: Making an impact locally, regionally and globally
About Our Worship Services
You have 4 options:
Thursdays at 6:30 pm / Kid Village is open for infants through 4th-grade students.
Sundays at 8:30 am, 9:30 am & 11 am / The 8:30 service is 45 minutes, and the 9:30 and 11 services are both 1 hour. Kid Village is open for infants through 4th-grade students during the 9:30 and 11 am services but is closed during the 8:30 am service.
Worship is our response to God’s great love. It’s something everyone can do, and it’s something everyone was created to do. Some people think worship is music – that’s part of it, but there’s so much more! Look around at what God has surrounded you with – a beautiful sunrise, food, family, a place to live… and thank Him. Worship is a time to praise and honor God, a time to be close to God, and a time to put life in perspective. We encourage you to sing, dance, and worship, in whichever way you are most comfortable. Some people quietly worship, while others raise their hands or dance. After worship, you’ll hear a relevant message from the Bible presented in a way that you can understand and apply to your life.
“I can relate Pastor Nate’s messages to my life. He teaches in a way I can understand”, said one of our church family.
Services are casual and relaxed. Most people wear jeans, including our Pastors. We want you to dress however you’re most comfortable. Don’t worry if you’re wearing the right thing, acting the right way, or if you’re the right kind of person. Anyone can walk in and feel a part of our church! Seriously.
We moved into our new church home on May 29, 2016, located at 8965 S. Bell Road, Minooka, Illinois 60447.
- Get Driving Directions…
- Read about the construction of our church home…
How The Village Started
For those of you that like history, here’s how The Village Christian Church started…The church began on October 17, 2004, at Minooka Junior High School. Twenty people from First Christian Church in the nearby town of Morris stepped up to start The Village after church leaders challenged Youth Pastor, Nate Ferguson, to plant a new church. The core group that started The Village trusted in God and were confident that He had a plan that was bigger than any of them could imagine.
Where The Village Is Today
Over 800 people worship at The Village now! It isn’t about the number – it is about the people being introduced to Jesus and growing into a closer relationship with Him. It is about the people experiencing Life Change, Life Growth, and Life Purpose.
Lifegroups are an integral part of The Village today. Groups connect people throughout the week providing support, encouragement, and love. They are a place to love Jesus, each other, and to help others find and follow Jesus.
- Kid Village and Student Ministry are exploding! Kids and students are connecting, forming new relationships, and learning about Jesus. Nate Ferguson, the Lead Pastor, had this to say,
“The Village is everything I hoped it would be and a million times better!”
God has blessed The Village with so many great people serving in many roles, such as ministry leaders, playing in the band, and getting things ready for Thursday and Sunday services. Everyone getting involved and taking ownership is allowing the church to grow and carry out the mission of being a catalyst for Life Change, Life Growth, and Life Purpose.
People are being introduced to Jesus and getting to know Him. Relationships are starting and growing deeper. People are following Jesus, their lives are being changed by Jesus, and they are helping other people trust and follow Jesus. We’re so excited for the opportunity to reach more people with the good news of Jesus Christ! We can’t wait to see what He has planned for the future!
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. – John 13:34-35