Helping others is at the core of who we are. In fact, it’s so important that it’s part of our church mission – to be a catalyst for Life Change, Life Growth, and Life Purpose! Life Purpose is all about doing what God created us to do, which is to serve others!
Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. – 1 Timothy 6:18
We want to be an exceedingly generous church giving BIG to help people in need locally, regionally, and globally. Check out Reclaim3d, which exists to reclaim bad circumstances into something beautiful locally, regionally, and globally.
Here Are The Ways We’re Helping Others
Local and Regional Missions
- Helping Hands is a ministry here at the church that pairs people’s skills/resources with needs.
- Mobile Food Pantry in partnership with Northern Illinois Food Bank
- Clothing Giveaway providing gently used clothing for children of struggling families in the area.
- Packing food with Northern Illinois Food Bank in Joliet. Learn more about volunteering here…
- Roseland’s Good News Daycare providing free Christ-centered care for inner-city kids so single moms can get an education and work.
- Channahon-Minooka Rotary Club Backpack Food Program for grade school students in need.
- Needs within our church family, such as help with utilities in the case of job loss.
- Food boxes and Christmas gifts for struggling families in the area.
- Night to Shine prom night experience for people with special needs.
- InterVarsity campus ministries.
- Safe Families provides temporary care for kids to support families in crisis. You can read more Here.
But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk, but in deed and truth. – 1 John 3:17
- Rescuing children from trafficking and exploitation in partnership with Destiny Rescue
- Feeding the hungry in partnership with Feed My Starving Children
- Supporting Heart For Africa to provide self – sustainable homes for orphans and vulnerable children in eSwatini, Africa