Prayer Is Where It Starts
Prayer is important. It’s a time for you to talk to God as your friend. A time to tell Him what’s in your heart, what you’re thinking, feeling and struggling with. Think of it not as an obligation, but an opportunity. An opportunity to thank your creator for all that you have. Take time to pray every day – Ask for miracles, ask for God’s power to be shown.
“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” – Ephesians 6:18
Lilye Sease, our Prayer Pastor, ensures that The Village is a church that prays together and stands strong together as one body. She makes sure that it’s at the forefront of all we do at The Village.
“I am a true believer in the power of prayer and with all that’s happening in the world around us, I invite you to join me in becoming a great Prayer Warrior. This is someone who is willing to commit to daily, heartfelt prayer for others and is willing to pray alone, in pairs, or in groups.”
– Lilye, Prayer Pastor
How You Can Be Part Of This Life-Changing Experience
- Pray with us every other Sunday at 7 am for our church, our community, and our country. This is open to everyone. No need to sign up, you can just show up and meet in the lobby.
- Jump on the prayer call on Wednesday nights, 7 pm call 515-606-5332 and enter 605392. Pray out loud, or listen and pray silently. Everyone is welcome on these calls – you do not need to be an attendee of The Village.
- Visit our War Room, which you can use anytime during office hours (M-Th 8 am – 4 pm).
- Start a devotional. Check out prayer plans on the YouVersion app or take this 30 Day Prayer Challenge.
- Visit the Prayer Wall located in the Worship Room. Write down your request and we’ll pray for you during the week. Requests are kept confidential.
- Email your prayer request or praise report to firstname.lastname@example.org
Heads Up: If you need immediate prayer for an urgent request, text or call Lilye at 779-875-5591.
Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. -1 Thessalonians 5:16-18